The Lions Eye Hospital\'s Dental Care clinic is conveniently located within the Lions Service Centre and offers a full range of dental services for adults and children. These services range from routine dental
care to the latest methods in restorative dentistry.
The dental unit is manned by highly experienced dental surgeons who work closely with other specialists at the hospital to provide pre-operative screening for patients with medical conditions that might be
affected by their dental health. The use of a Radio Visiography (RVG) unit by the dental surgeon, this is a digital imaging system that enhances dental x-rays for safety and better diagnosis of the patient.
The operations routinely performed in our clinic are:
- Basic dental care including gum treatment for bleeding and swollen gums
- Restorative dentistry (permanent filling in decayed teeth)
- The extraction of erupted teeth and the removal of fractured roots
- Management of traumatic injuries of the teeth and the soft tissues of the mouth
- Orthodontic treatment (correction of crooked teeth by fixing braces at reasonable prices)
- Root canal treatment (involves the removal and replacement of the tooth pulp)
- Cosmetic dentistry (whitening brown teeth, porcelain crowns, veneers for broken and discolored teeth, replacement of missing teeth by removable dentures, fixed bridges and implants.
All instruments used are sterilized by autoclaving to prevent cross infection.
Our dental clinic opens as follows;
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Sundays and Public Holidays – closed